Just added to your cart
Central Locking Whale Tail Style Handles InstallationTue, Apr 20, 21
You did it, you bought some of the best central locking handles on the market, Selectlok's Midnight Whale Tail Style Handles. But now what? How do you get them working?
Use A Qualified Electrician for Whale Tail Lock Installation
It is recommended that central locking handles are installed by a qualified auto electrician.
Since each vehicle has a different set up and requirements, we are unable to provide installation instructions, however, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
1. Vehicle operating voltage
Generally, passenger vehicles operate at 12VDC and most trucks operate at 24VDC. Therefore, these vehicles require central locking kits designed for those voltages. If you are unsure as to the voltage of your vehicle, refer to the owner’s manual or consult a qualified auto electrician for verification. Check out iLOQ Cam Lock here.
2. DO NOT run the central locking handles directly from the vehicle’s central locking system without the use of external relays.
This may void your vehicle manufacturer’s warranty as well as our warranty.
3. For every 4 central locking handles, you will require a minimum of one relay bank.
A maximum of 4 central locking handles can be supplied off each relay bank.
4. Make sure that the wiring from the relay banks to the central locking handles is a minimum of 4mm with a maximum length of 1.5m.
If the distance between the relay bank and the central locking handle is greater than 1.5mm then the cable thickness will need to be further increased.
5. Make sure that wiring from the central locking module to the relay banks is a minimum of 4mm.
6. Make sure that wiring from the vehicle’s battery supply to the relay banks is a minimum of 6mm.
Get An Electrician!
We can't stress more how important it is to get the central locking handles installed properly.
Following these rules provides you with the best chance at ensuring your central locking handles work properly well into the future. Again, it is highly recommended that you use a qualified auto-electrician to complete the installation.
Click here to check out our Selectlok Midnight whale tail style handle
Click here to check out our Selectlok Central Locking Midnight whale tail style handle